[Histonet] Contamination & Floaters in sections

Igor Deyneko igor.deyneko at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:45:35 CDT 2015

Dear Histonetters,

I wanted to get your input in reconciling and reporting contamination and
floaters (C &F) in your slides.

Do you even track such instances, of you do, do you differentiate between
C&F, what are the metrics that you use and what do you do with that data?
I have implemented a very basic tracking system, I get the slides and enter
the information on who embedded and sectioned the slide and also the
clinician who has performed the procedure per Quality Control department’s
orders. Any input regarding the usage of data and what to look for to
reduce such instances would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

*Igor Deyneko*

Quality Control & Compliance Manager

NYU Langone Medical Center