[Histonet] CAP Checklist Question

Bob Richmond rsrichmond at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:16:09 CDT 2015

Amy Self, Histology Lab Senior Tech, Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital
in Georgetown SC asks: >>I am going through the CAP checklist and was
wondering how the following question below is being handled by everyone
that gets inspected by CAP.
ANP.12360 Report Completeness: Surgical pathology reports for specimens
with malignant  diagnosis from definitive cancer resections are outlined in
the CAP Cancer Protocols are audited annually to ensure that all required
elements are included.<<

Your hospital should have some sort of cancer registry that's doing this,
and your pathologist probably gets occasional requests to amplify reports.
Ask your pathologists about this.

Do you have an anatomic pathology application that generates CAP templates
automatically? There are a number of these, such as mTuitive, which I've
used successfully.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN