[Histonet] Xylene and Formalin substitutes

Angela Hall adhall at ael.com
Thu Oct 22 13:57:35 CDT 2015

Hey,

The previous supervisor switched the Histo lab to CBG's Formula 83 with no problems as our xylene substitute.  In fact, we even distil it and use the distilled in both our staining and processor.  The only con is that it is not as effective in removing coverslips from slides.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure about cost effective but our lab tries to balance cost-effective with people-friendly.  The cyto lab uses Shandon's due to special requirements on their equipment with no problems.

"https://www.cbgtechnologies.com/hap-free-solvents.aspx"

Angela D. Hall, BA, HT(ASCP)CM
Histology Department
American Esoteric Laboratories
www.ael-east.com
Tel +423 586 3240 ext 1019 or 1041 Fax +423 714 2001

This message and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender  immediately.