[Histonet] Labeling formats

Stephen G. Ruby Sruby at 4path.com
Fri Oct 2 17:23:10 CDT 2015

Thanks to all for your feedback.
If anyone else has different formats, please let me know.

Also….is anyone out there printing patient NAMES on the blocks?

Just curious…

THanks

Dr. Ruby
On Oct 2, 2015, at 3:09 PM, Kim Donadio <kdonadio at ymail.com<mailto:kdonadio at ymail.com>> wrote:

Dr Ruby,
All places I've worked at use similar as well. Also you need a second patient identifier as blocks and slides are considered an aliquot from the original specimen. Such as last name, date of birth etc

And it doesn't have to be S, it can be any prefix meaningful to your specific lab. As you may have multiple offices sending you specimens and might want to designate something specific to seperate them, such as NS- # for a north office and SS for a south as a example.

Kim