[Histonet] Acid Phosphatase, Leukocyte (TRAP) Kit (387A SIGMA)

Hernandez, Jesus Willibaldo HernandezJW at uthscsa.edu
Fri Oct 2 13:42:39 CDT 2015

I was having issues using this TRAP Staining Kit for osteoclast activity. I followed the protocol, but did not counterstain. I checked the slides and saw no reactivity. I did notice golden cluster of cells within the bone marrow, but nothing red/purple. I am thinking that the (EDTA) decal process might of ate away the enzyme in the samples.

As of right now, I am placing the slides back into the TRAP solutions to have more time to react and potentially give us that red/purple color. Any guidance would be appreciated.

-JH