[Histonet] billing consults
Horn, Hazel V
HornHV at archildrens.org
Thu Oct 1 12:52:24 CDT 2015
1. Please see the questions about billing for Pathology Consultations under varied circumstances as denoted below. For each circumstance, please specify whether you bill,
a) professional and technical only, or
b) professional, technical and consult.
1. If your response choice is b), please specify whether your payors typically pay for the consult charge.
1. The pathologist to whom the case was assigned has some doubts as to the best diagnosis after all attempts to classify the lesion.
2. The department has some disagreement about the diagnosis and sends the case to another pathologist to help decide the matter.
3. The clinician and/or patient requests a second opinion from another pathologist.
Supervisor of Histology/Autopsy/Transcription
Arkansas Children's Hospital
1 Children's Way | Slot 820| Little Rock, AR 72202
501.364.4240 direct | 501.364.1241 fax
hornhv at archildrens.org<mailto:hornhv at archildrens.org>
More information about the Histonet