[Histonet] IHC on old slides

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 10:06:25 CST 2015

The only thing you can do is to prolong the Ab staining time but, in order to avoid excessive background, dilute it. You will have to find an adequate balance between a more diluted Ab with a weaker spitope signal and a  prolonged incubation time and there is no "magic formula" for obtaining it. You will have to make tests.Antigen in stored slides oxidizes producing a weaker signal.René