[Histonet] dehydration time for a relatively large sample

Rui TAHARA ruio7 at hotmail.com
Wed May 20 08:44:11 CDT 2015

Hi,

Thanks for prompt response.
We unfortunately do not have a processor in our lab at university..The protocol i wrote was working in quail embryonic samples (just before hatching). I process the tissue manually and cannot process the tissue with strict time schedule. Thus, I need to leave a sample overnight at some point.

I cut the zebra finch head into anterior (beak) and posterior (brain) region and mid-sagittally in both. so each tissue sample is about 0.5 X 1 X 1cm cube at maximum.

I have also tried short time schedule compared the one i wrote in previous email, for similar sized  sample (zebra finch beak). However, it never worked. Thus i prolonged the each step for the latest sample.
It would be great if you could provide me the proper time schedule.

rui