[Histonet] OJT Histotechs/Training

Marcum, Pamela A PAMarcum at uams.edu
Mon May 18 15:31:40 CDT 2015

I took my registry while I was doing neuroanatomical research on animals.  At the time I took it I was told do not use animal tissue or you will fail.  I had to find someone with a clinical Histology lab who would allow me to come in for my practical exam work.  I just had to prove myself when I wanted to get into clinical by working for a little less with the agreement that if I met the standard the pay and position would go up.  However; without the HT I would never have gotten through the door.  We have research people here at UAMS who are taking the exam because their PIs are willing to help them with a pathologist and have their work looked at for quality.  There are ways around the rules we sometimes have to bend a little.

Pam Marcum