[Histonet] Methylmethacrylate embedded bone

Lens, Maximiliaan [RNDBE Non-J&J] mlens at ITS.JNJ.com
Mon May 11 03:32:53 CDT 2015

Dear,
I have a lot of problems of stretching my 6 micrometer slices of methylmethacrylate bone for histomorphometry.
I have already used different ethanol concentrations and even ethanol baths, but nothing seems to work.
Does anyone have any experience with this and knows what to do?

I also have some issues with staining procedures: I have 2 slices, 1 embedded by me with  Technovit 9100 and 1 embedded by a CRO. If I perform a staining procedure the second stains perfectly, but my bones stain more diffuse and aspecific. Although they are stained in the same run and thus same protocol.

Thanks in advance.

Maximiliaan Lens