[Histonet] BS in Histotechnology

Mark Turner mturner <@t> CSILaboratories.com
Tue Mar 24 15:26:04 CDT 2015

I once worked with a Pathologist who said she was in a group meeting of other pathologists when one of them blurted out that a trained monkey could cut slides.  My pathologist, having had the opportunity to review some cases from the offender's laboratory, promptly replied "Yes, and with the quality of your slides it looks like you did just that."  She shut down the other pathologist really quickly, and as far as I know, we never received another case to review from him.  My pathologist was not about to let that kind of arrogance stand.  She was one of the best bosses I ever had!

Mark Turner,  Ph.D., HT(ASCP)QIHC
Manager, Histology/IHC

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Paula Sicurello
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:47 PM
To: Michael Ann Jones
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Jennifer MacDonald; Marcum, Pamela A; Timothy Morken
Subject: Re: [Histonet] BS in Histotechnology

I've had more than one pathologist tell me a monkey could do my job.
Though one of them said it with a smile and added "a very highly skilled and well trained monkey", he was one of the few who knew better.

How many of us monkeys have trained the whining and complaining residents how to do things correctly?

Paula