[Histonet] Post fixing IHC slides in formalin

Barry Rittman barryrittman <@t> gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 13:20:02 CDT 2015

There are always discussions about fixation but I have never seen comments
about using vapor fixation for post fixing or for fixing fresh frozen
specimens.
Vapor fixation is simple to use and does not require any solvent as it uses
the tissue fluids in the case of fresh frozen sections or the solution
remaining after IHC.
Especially useful for formaldehyde, alcohol,  acetone, osmium tetroxide etc.
Barry