[Histonet] GMS controls?

Paula Sicurello patpxs <@t> gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:51:26 CDT 2015

Good Afternoon Netters,

I have a project to validate a special stainer and will be starting with
GMS.  What can I use as a good source of fungus?  Was it last week there
was mention of orange peels and onions?

I need to get the OK of the attending pathologist, so I probably can't use
anything too funky, like fruits and vegetables.

I don't have access to fresh lung tissue to smear cream cheese on (also
mentioned last week) so I was hoping some type of easy to buy processed
food (like Slim Jims from Gram stain) is out there to be used as a fungal
control.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Paula :-)