[Histonet] Embedding Question

Jeffrey Robinson JRobinson <@t> pathology-associates.com
Thu Mar 12 16:07:42 CDT 2015

This certainly does not sound ideal to be moving tissue blocks around the building.  If this situation cannot be changed then perhaps a plastic bin with a snap on lid could help minimize the risk of losing blocks during transport.

Jeff Robinson, Senior Histotechnologist, Sierra Pathology Lab, Clovis, CA.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Paula Sicurello
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:47 AM
To: Hannen, Valerie
Cc: HistoNet
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Embedding Question

Why the change? Space. There is a larger space available for histology.

It would be optimum to either move the processors into the new space or leave the embedding centers where they are now.

I mentioned did bring up about the samples/wax freezing in transit and the reply was "the experts didn't mention anything about that"

The experts may not have been experienced histotechs.

Paula