[Histonet] Embedding Question

Paula Sicurello patpxs <@t> gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:43:51 CDT 2015

Hi Tim,

There are several embedding events through-out the day, though mostly in
the wee hours of the morning.  The embedding centers would be in the same
room as the  microtomes (another question about those tomorrow).

I worry about the small (GI, needles, etc) biopsies freezing before they
reach the embedding stations.  In my experience, once they freeze they get
this outer wax coating (like a permeability barrier) which doesn't melt
when placed in the dry (no paraffin inside) but hot, holding bin.

They just don't seem to embed that well and have a tendency to drop out of
the sections when cutting.

Has anyone else had that happen?

Paula