[Histonet] Cryojane bone frozen sections and immunofluorescence

Gayle Callis gayle.callis at bresnan.net
Wed Jun 10 16:18:12 CDT 2015

Everyone wrote:

Hi Ana,

The OCT on the coated slides will not disappear like it does on regular
glass slides. It appears to polymerize along with the coating, but it
doesn't seem to interfere on the tissue section with the staining.

According to Gayle Callis' recommendation, it's best to try using the least
amount of coating rather than more. More doesn't always mean better
adhesion, and as Nancy Thomas reported usually ends up causing more imaging
interference and stain uptake making for a messier slide.

Teri Johnson

Manager, Clinical Trial Testing

Genoptix, Inc., a Novartis company

BioPharma

1811 Aston Avenue

Carlsbad, CA  92008

USA

Ana,

We once tried 4x coated slides thinking, like you, that it would deliver a
better quality section and would stay on the slide better.  Our researchers
did not like them at all because of the high level of background  staining
and fluorescence.  We only use 1x now.

Nancy