[Histonet] PAS Stain

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer at mdanderson.org
Wed Jun 3 10:39:19 CDT 2015

We use the hematoxylin that is used on the H&E stainer.  While I know it is not optimal, the pathologists should be  used to looking at it so it makes things a lot easier.  The time is cut down to less than 30 seconds and we do not use a differentiator.
For the students, it helps them to understand the versatility of the dye and its multiple uses.  They don't get confused and are pleasantly surprised when they find out they can use another formulation while they are at their internships.

Sincerely,

Toysha N. Mayer, D.H.Sc., MBA, HT (ASCP)
Instructor/Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions
UT M.D. Anderson Cancer Center