[Histonet] Medical necessity question

Trish Hicks THicks at gulfcoastdermpath.com
Wed Jul 15 12:42:12 CDT 2015

We are under the impression that we will be required to start putting a "reason" that a stain or IHC stain was performed in the microscopic description, or somewhere, for CMS to consider paying for an additional stain.  It is a requirement that is upcoming and we want to be proactive.  How is everyone else handling this or is what already appears in the microscopic description or diagnosis sufficient?

Thank You,

Trish Hicks
BS, HTL (ASCP)
Laboratory Supervisor
Gulf Coast Dermatopathology Laboratory, Inc.
Ph: 813-882-4206
Fax: 813-886-0589
Toll Free: 877-654-7721
thicks at gulfcoastdermpath.com
Confidentiality: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized and prohibited. Any transmission of confidential and/or privileged material to persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be construed as a waiver of any privilege or confidence. If you receive this transmission in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.
Virus Disclaimer:  The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system. We cannot accept liability for any damage you may sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.