[Histonet] DAKO LINK PTs

Tiana Baskin tfountain at dsmanitoba.ca
Tue Jul 14 09:42:02 CDT 2015

Hi Histonetters,

I have encountered a problem with some of my staining and I am struggling to pinpoint the root cause. I was wondering if any other DAKO Autostainer Link/PT users are experiencing the same oddities.

It seems like the first runs with fresh HIER PT solution is very typical of what we have optimized and the second batch of slides has more background and in some cases nuclear staining (especially in Actin (1A4) and pan CK (AE1/AE3)) when the target is cytoplasmic. We do not use the PT solution more than twice. What do others do? Have you seen similar things?

Tiana