[Histonet] Roche B-gal Staining Kit

Coffey, Anna (NIH/NCI) [C] anna.coffey at nih.gov
Thu Jul 9 11:57:14 CDT 2015

Hello,

I have been asked to do a B-gal enzyme stain using a Roche kit on frozen mouse sections. Another histologist recommended post-fixing in a glutaraldehyde-formaldehyde solution although this isn't mentioned in the kit instructions. This has me worried that there may be other things missing from the kit instructions that could improve the results. Has anyone else had any experience using this kit and, if so, did you find that other alterations to the protocol were required? Also wondering about potential counterstains that might work with this one. I'd appreciate any pointers if you have them!

Thanks!
Anna

Anna Coffey, MS, HTL(ASCP)CM
Histotechnologist
Center for Advanced Preclinical Research
Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.
Bld 539, 224
Frederick, Maryland 21702
anna.coffey at nih.gov