[Histonet] Covergrip

Paula Pierce contact <@t> excaliburpathology.com
Fri Jan 30 09:40:48 CST 2015

Looks like the like to EMS did not post correctly.
This is the link to the datasheet for ClearMount.
Clear-Mount, with Tris Buffer or Pipes Buffer Technical Data Sheet

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| Clear-Mount, with Tris Buffer or Pipes Buffer Technical Data SheetTechnical data sheet from Electron Microscopy Sciences |
|  |
| View on www.emsdiasum.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

   Paula

      From: Keyser Gerald T <GKeyser <@t> uwhealth.org>
 To: "'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
 Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 8:47 AM
 Subject: [Histonet] Covergrip

I would like to better seal my Oil Red O slides. The current process uses aqueous mountant on the inside of the large coverslips and Permount on the outside; which is incredibly messy and isn't actually that great of a seal.

The two options I'm looking at is:

1)      Nail polish.

2)      Covergrip

I would like to get away with using nail polish because it's 10% of the cost of Covergrip. We don't actually do a whole lot of Oil Red O stains.  But, I'm a little concerned that the solvents in the nail polish may permeate the aqueous mountant and mess with the sections. Slides need to be good for 10 years.

Opinions?

Gerry