[Histonet] Covergrip

Keyser Gerald T GKeyser <@t> uwhealth.org
Fri Jan 30 08:47:11 CST 2015

I would like to better seal my Oil Red O slides. The current process uses aqueous mountant on the inside of the large coverslips and Permount on the outside; which is incredibly messy and isn't actually that great of a seal.

The two options I'm looking at is:

1)      Nail polish.

2)      Covergrip

I would like to get away with using nail polish because it's 10% of the cost of Covergrip. We don't actually do a whole lot of Oil Red O stains.  But, I'm a little concerned that the solvents in the nail polish may permeate the aqueous mountant and mess with the sections. Slides need to be good for 10 years.

Opinions?

Gerry