[Histonet] RE: embedding

Anne Murvosh amurvosh <@t> advancederm.net
Wed Jan 21 09:27:50 CST 2015

My first job the molds were kept room temp or cool and I didn't have to scrape as much. My 2nd job they were kept hot and had to scrape all the time.  Have fun with it and test some cold, some room temp, some hot see if there is a difference. The problem with too cool molds is it takes a bit longer to embed cause the bottom takes longer to warm up so it's a trade off for time. Fun experiment though!  Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Campbell, Tasha M.
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 7:12 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] embedding

Hello everyone, I was just curious if anyone had tips on how to embed without getting paraffin on the outside of the cassettes so I don't have to scrape the blocks or at least not scrape very much.  Thanks!!

Tasha Campbell, B.S.,HTL(ASCP)

Frederick Gastroenterology Associates

310 W. 9th St.

Frederick, MD 21701