[Histonet] RE: Decon HydeAway

Cates, Julia Julia.Cates <@t> AHSS.ORG
Tue Jan 20 12:15:16 CST 2015

Jim,

We have used the HydeAway powder for several years now.  We use it to neutralize tissue before disposing.  Once the formalin "gels" the container is disposed of in a biohazard bag.  In our experience, if there is anything other than formalin in the container (Our Dr's use Disect Aid for lymph nodes) in will not "gel" properly.  In my opinion it is a very good product.

Julia Cates, HT(ASCP)cm
Pathology Coordinator, Pathology
Florida Hospital Waterman
(352) 253-3333 ext.4346 | Fax: (352) 253-3592

Confidentiality Statement: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply to this email and delete the original and all copies of this email.

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:10:08 +0000
From: "Vickroy, James" <jvickroy <@t> SpringfieldClinic.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Decon HydeAway
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

Anybody using Decon HydeAway for neutralization of 10% NBF.  If so what are your experiences and do you dispose of the product (gel) into your solid biological  waste for disposal?

In the past I have used Formalex or Formalex Green.  This material looks cheaper but cheaper is not always better of course.

Jim

Jim Vickroy
Histology Manager
Springfield Clinic, Main Campus, East Building
1025 South 6th Street
Springfield, Illinois  62703
Office:  217-528-7541, Ext. 15121
Email:  jvickroy <@t> SpringfieldClinic.com<mailto:jvickroy <@t> SpringfieldClinic.com>

This electronic message contains information from Springfield Clinic, LLP that may be confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive. This information is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately, by electronic mail, so that arrangements may be made for the retrieval of this electronic message. Thank you.