[Histonet] Histology Supervisor positon, UCSF

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsf.edu
Thu Jan 15 18:18:16 CST 2015

We are still taking applications for the position of Supervisor, Histology and IHC at UC San Francisco Medical Center. See job description below this message.

The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in histology, immunohistochemistry and supervising a large laboratory as well as extensive experience interacting one on one with pathologists, residents, administration and vendors.

We have 14 histotechs and state of the art equipment. We implemented full department barcoding 9 months ago.

We have 41 pathologists and 49 residents/fellows.

We will open a new hospital complex in two weeks which will give us three major facilities across the city. All feed into the histology department

If interested contact me and I will send more details on our operations.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
Box 1656
505 Parnassus Ave
San Francisco, CA 94143
USA

415.514-6042  (office)
tim.morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org<mailto:tim.morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Search "histology" at this webpage to find the position and apply

https://careers.ucsfmedicalcenter.org:8443/psp/hcmprd_cg/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL

Job ID:

5546

Job Title:

HISTOLOGY AND IPOX SUPERVISOR

Job Code:

7902

Department:

Pathology-Surgical / Histology

Location:

Parnassus

Full/Part Time:

Full-Time

Appointment Type:

Career

Shift:

Variable Variable

Weekly Hours:

40 ;  100%

Union Information:

This classification is not represented by a union

Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.

The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.

Job Summary

Under general direction from the Medical Director, the incumbent serves as supervisor to 3 Lead Histotechnologists and 9 Histotechnologists.   In addition to supervisory duties, the incumbent serves as a technical expert providing direction to staff as well as performing all technical aspects of surgical histology and immunohistochemistry procedures.  As supervisor:  recruits, hires, trains, completes performance evaluations, and resolves employee issues.  Provides orientation, completes competency assessments, maintains staff schedules, training and compliance documentation.  Implements new tests and procedures as requested by Medical Directors.  Updates and maintains the lab manuals and annual reviews required for accreditation.  Integrates new technologies into the laboratory to include analyzing and selecting of new equipment that meets space constraints and operational needs.  Ensures that new equipment and associated validation and staff training are performed.  Ensures that all equipment is well-maintained.  Ensures that staff training and documentation are completed as required.  Ensures that QC documentation is complete and quality standards are maintained in the laboratory.  Advises and assists researchers planning research projects and determines the ability of the laboratory to accommodate research projects, updating the Medical Director as required.  Other duties as assigned.

Sign-on Bonus and/or Relocation is available for this position!

Required Qualifications

  *   College degree in a biological science, chemistry or a related field or equivalent education, Work experience experience as a histotechnologist in a comparable high-volume hospital histology laboratory within the last seven years, including senior-level experience.
  *   Demonstrated high-volume, high-quality sectioning and staining skills.
  *   Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and perform well under pressure to meet deadlines.
  *   Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
  *   ASCP certification:  HT licensed or eligible required (candidate will be expected to obtain certification within 1 year), HTL desirable.
  *   Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and perform well under pressure to meet deadlines required.
  *   Previous, recent supervisory experience in a Histology and /or Immunoperoxidase Laboratory required.
  *   Must be experienced with information technology systems and the use of hardware and software in business and laboratory settings.
  *   Must be an effective user of spreadsheets and database software.

Preferred Qualifications

  *   ASCP certification
  *   HT or HTL-licensed strongly preferred.
  *   Previous leadership experience in a hospital laboratory.

Licensure/Certification

N/A

Equal Employment Opportunity

UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.