[Histonet] CD68 and CD204 for dogs/pigs

Julio Benavides j.benavides <@t> eae.csic.es
Wed Feb 25 11:55:49 CST 2015

Hi,

MAC387 is a great marker but it detects less macrophages than CD68. In
our experience (sheep and cattle), MAC387 is good for labelling
macrophages that have recently reach the lesion, while those resident or
long standing macrophages would be negative to MAC387 (but mostly
positive to CD68, which is a more general marker for macs). No idea
about CD204 though.

Just in case this helps

Regards

Julio