[Histonet] gelatin

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Mon Feb 23 23:47:50 CST 2015

You need to explain "treated tissue".

Gelatin is collagen that has been boiled until the protein has lost all its fibrous nature and changed into a water-soluble protein. Gelatin is made permanently insoluble by adequate formaldehyde fixation. It is stained by anionic dyes (such as eosin in the H&E method), but it does not show as fibres when you look at the section or smear through a microscope.

If this doesn't answer your question, please explain your problem and involve your boss in future email exchanges.

John Kiernan
London, Canada
= = =