[Histonet] Question regarding dehydration

Julio Benavides j.benavides <@t> eae.csic.es
Fri Feb 13 09:19:19 CST 2015

Hi Ryan,

thanks a lot for your thoughts. These blocks were processed elsewhere
and sent to us for the cutting and staining. Tissues were dehydrated in
five consecutive baths of ethanol 100%, 5 hours each (manual
processing). Then, they went to xilene (three baths, 4 hours each) and
paraffin (two batch, 1h30´ each). Truth is that I have never seen such
processing before. In our lab, with automatic processing, we begin with
60% ethanol and go to 70, then 95 and then 100 before ethanol/xylene.

I was wondering if anybody has used the 100% ethanol processing before
and which was the influence over tissues.

Thanks

Julio