[Histonet] decalcifying sheep knee joints

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Fri Feb 6 23:50:13 CST 2015

The answer is either neutral EDTA for several weeks or in an acid for fewer weeks. It's all there in the books!

There's no quick way to decalcify a big bone.

Nothing is "special" about safranine O. It is a red cationic dye that attaches to tissue anions such as nucleic acids (cell nuclei) and polyanions in mucus, bacterial and plant cell walls etc.

John Kiernan
London, Canada
= = =