[Histonet] CLIA Inspection Question

Michelle Histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Sat Feb 7 08:30:34 CST 2015

Hi Histonetters,

It's me again!  ;)  I am interested in your thoughts on this:  would it be better to simply apply for a CAP accreditation and get both the CAP and CLIA certificates at the same time?  My thoughts are these:  if meeting the CAP guidelines is effectively meeting the CLIA requirements, would it make more sense to prep for one bird and get two at the same time?  Would I still need to look at the CLIA regs, under this scenario?

Out of my element, but definitely trying to learn!

Thanks for the input I have received so far ... you all are a wonderful resource.  :)

Michelle