[Histonet] Requirements that tissue cassette storage cabinets be off floor

histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Mon Feb 9 14:04:12 CST 2015

I agree with Sheila.  At our place, it was fire code that everything be off the ground by 6"... not just blocks, but anything being stored.

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 9, 2015, at 1:30 PM, Tapper, Sheila J. <Sheila.Tapper <@t> EssentiaHealth.org> wrote:

In my experience, this is usually a local fire code requirement.

Sheila

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Debra Siena
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2015 11:35 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Requirements that tissue cassette storage cabinets be off floor

Hi Histonetters-

Can anyone tell me if it is a JCAHO, CAP or CLIA requirement that tissue cassette storage cabinets be at least 6 inches off the floor? Also, If possible, could you tell me how I could find this informaiton?  Any information is appreciated, thanks for your help in advance.

 Debbie Siena, HT(ASCP)QIHC
StatLab Medical Products
Technical Support Manager
407 Interchange Street | McKinney, TX 75071
t: 800.442.3573 ext. 229 | f: 972.767.3992 dsiena <@t> statlab.com <mailto:bbrooke <@t> statlab.com%7C> | www.statlab.com<http://www.statlab.com/>