[Histonet] best practices for HIER in electric pressure cookers

Debra Siena DSiena <@t> statlab.com
Tue Feb 3 15:01:45 CST 2015

Hi Histonetters,

I am doing some research into HIER in electric pressure cookers, are there any known CAP/CLIA regs about the cooker itself?  Also what is the consensus on best practices for using electric pressure cooker these are my questions:

should the amount of slides be standardized per run?
should the amount of water each run be standardized
how about the amount of containers each run?
Temperature strips required each run?
How about releasing the steam early vs letting pressure subside by itself prior to opening?
Should HIER times be optimized as well as different pH solutions, for example should I test at different time intervals per retrieval solution for best results?

Sorry for all the questions but it has been awhile since I have done manual retrieval so just want to find out what the guru's are saying.  Thanks in advance, if you wish to reply off line that is good and I will publish the final results to the histonet.  Thanks again

Debbie Siena
800.442.3573 ext. 229 | www.statlab.com<http://www.statlab.com/>