[Histonet] Favorite book for histotechnology and immunohistochemistry?

Patrick Laurie foreightl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 14:44:07 CST 2015

Hi Tim,
I like Carson/Hladik "Histotechnology" for the best all around histology
book.  It is closely seconded by the Sheehan/Hrapchak "Theory and practice
of Histotechnology" and Bancroft/Gamble "Theory and practice of
Histological Techniques".
Favorite book for IHC - Elias "Immunohistopathology, A Practical approach
to Diagnosis" for theory behind IHC as well as some good info on how IHC is
interpreted by pathologists.  For a expert edition focused primarily on
pathologists, I like Dabbs "Diagnostic Histochemistry, Theranostic and
genomic applications", Taylor/Cote "Immunomicroscopy, a Diagnostic tool for
the surgical pathologist".  There are many others out there that do a
fantastic job, these are just the ones that I use regularly.

Thanks,

Patrick Laurie(HT)ASCP QIHC

Histology Manager

Celligent Diagnostics, LLC

101 East W.T. Harris Blvd  | Suite 1212 | Charlotte, NC 28262

Work: 704-970-3300  Cell: 704-266-0869