[Histonet] frozen section- workload and billing

Davis, Cassie CDavis at che-east.org
Thu Aug 27 12:27:26 CDT 2015

Hi Histofolks,
       I need to pick yours brains...we are in the middle of building a workable computer system for our lab we have run into a hiccup when it come to frozen sections. As a tech I know there is actual hands on, stop what you are doing, do this now  work involved. My understanding from a billing perspective it is not "billable workload" but an "interdepartmental consultation between surgery and pathology". The problem is how to build the system so we get labels for our frozen section slides that does not interfere with the "billable workload" that is. I was thinking maybe it should be built in the system the same way a control slide is, does anybody have any suggestions?

Cassandra Davis
Histology Technician
Anatomical Pathology Laboratory
Saint Francis Healthcare
701 N. Clayton Street
Wilmington,DE 19805
Office:  302-575-8095
Email:  CDavis at che-east.org<mailto:n at che-east.org>
www.saintfrancishealthcare.org

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Trinity Health and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.