[Histonet] Can Ice Crystal artifact pick up AEC substrate.

Lewis, Patrick patrick.lewis at seattlechildrens.org
Wed Aug 5 13:04:23 CDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am seeing some red granular staining with my AEC substrate, and I am not sure if its real, or Ice crystal artifact, or debris from the slide directly.

It's in several areas and is consistent between duplicates.

So can I rule out slide debris?

How deep would Ice crystals go in a block.  If I cut 10-15 7 uM sections deeper would I eliminate ice crystals from one slide to another?

I don't have any pictures yet, but I can try and post it when I do.

Patrick.

Patrick Lewis
Research Associate II Bench
Seattle Childrens Research Institute