Re: [Histonet] Re: H. Pylori Testing

wsimons <@t> athensgastro.com wsimons <@t> athensgastro.com
Wed Apr 29 13:33:53 CDT 2015

I prefer (and my pathologist) the Warthin Starry.  I performed that routinely, and affordably, on the Dako Artisan at my last employer.
At my current small lab we perform a Giemsa for h.pylori.   I've seen two cases of  H. heilmanii  in the last 2 years.  Both stained with Giemsa.

When my lab expands I have the Artisan on my wishlist for both IHC and Warthin Starry.  Thank you everyone for
the comments.

Wanda K. Simons, HT (ASCP)
Athens Gastroenterology Association
3320 Old Jefferson Road, Bldg.400