[Histonet] Nuclear "Artifact"

Roy, Lisa Royl1 <@t> LabCorp.com
Tue Apr 21 12:40:43 CDT 2015

Hi HistoNetters:
I have run into quite a problem.  My lab currently processes all tissue types from 3 different sites.  Recently, we have been getting complaints from one of the sites that the biopsies have a nuclear "artifact".  It is described as "washed out" or poor to no nuclear detail.  Pictures have been uploaded (Nuclear "Artifact").  The Medical Director at said site is convinced that a processor error is occurring.  Our site is not seeing this on any of our slides.  Biopsies from all three sites are processed and embed together.  We have done all trouble shooting that we can think of.  Leica service has come to inspect our Peloris processor and all areas checked out as functioning properly.  The problem is not consistent daily.  Seems to be worst toward the end of the week.
We have been running the same processing protocol, staining protocol and cutting protocols for years now.  This problem has just developed over the last 2 months.  Any ideas, no matter how far-fetched, would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Lisa Roy, HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
LabCorp at St. Vincent Hospital
123 Summer St
Worcester, MA
(508)363-9420

-This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the LabCorp Privacy Officer at privacyofficer <@t> labcorp.com or call (877) 23-HIPAA / (877) 234-4722.