[Histonet] mice tibia histology

Dorothy Hu abtdhu <@t> gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:07:32 CDT 2015

Your decal time should be according to your mice age. Four weeks old mouse
normally need four changes of EDTA in two weeks time.
I think your process time is a bit too long. If your four weeks old mouse
tibia, 13 hours from 70% ethanol to last infiltration paraffin should be
fine. Your shrinkage is because 1. temperature too high?; 2. too long in
xylene?
hope this help.
Dorothy Hu

Hi does any one doing mice tibia histology, we use to fix in formalin for
24 hours and transfer in 2and half weeks in 0.5M EDTA three change and
process for 24 hours long protocol in automatic processor.
But I am facing problem with bone marrow shrinkage. If any one have idea
for decalcification timing and solution can resolved this problem and keep
bone marrow intact with bone.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Shruti