[Histonet] setting up for staining

Cooper, Brian bcooper <@t> chla.usc.edu
Fri Apr 17 08:31:26 CDT 2015

We use the same setup for our cytology staining. We run a Pap stain about once every three weeks. Those dishes and racks are sturdy.

Thanks,

Brian Cooper, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor,
Path & Lab Medicine
Children's Hospital, Los Angeles

Sent from my Galaxy S3, so please forgive any weird typos . . .

-----Original Message-----
From: Emily Brown [talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com]
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]
Subject: [Histonet] setting up for staining

Hello!

My lab doesn't really do staining (H and E, Masson Trichrome) too often
(maybe once a week), but I'd really like to have a set of dishes with all
of the plastic bins and what not.  Unfortunately, this costs $500 for just
one row.
Has anyone tried the newer set-ups like this
https://us.vwr.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=4790248

It's remarkably cheaper, but I wonder if that's because it's not as good.
We don't have a lot of money, and convincing my boss to even consider this
will probably be difficult.  I've been using three glass dishes and pouring
reagents in and out of them; it's time to move on to an actual set where we
can store the reagents in the dish.
While I wish we could buy the cool Tissue Tek version (since everyone else
has it), it's not feasible at all considering the cost.

(Also, Ann, stop lurking I know you're reading this!!)

Emily

"By bitching and bitching and bitching, they could exhaust the drama of
their own horror stories. Grow bored. Only then could they accept a new
story for their lives. Move forward."

-Chuck Palahniuk, "Haunted"

or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.