[Histonet] setting up for staining

Emily Brown talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 07:41:00 CDT 2015

Hello!

My lab doesn't really do staining (H and E, Masson Trichrome) too often
(maybe once a week), but I'd really like to have a set of dishes with all
of the plastic bins and what not.  Unfortunately, this costs $500 for just
one row.
Has anyone tried the newer set-ups like this
https://us.vwr.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=4790248

It's remarkably cheaper, but I wonder if that's because it's not as good.
We don't have a lot of money, and convincing my boss to even consider this
will probably be difficult.  I've been using three glass dishes and pouring
reagents in and out of them; it's time to move on to an actual set where we
can store the reagents in the dish.
While I wish we could buy the cool Tissue Tek version (since everyone else
has it), it's not feasible at all considering the cost.

(Also, Ann, stop lurking I know you're reading this!!)

Emily

"By bitching and bitching and bitching, they could exhaust the drama of
their own horror stories. Grow bored. Only then could they accept a new
story for their lives. Move forward."

-Chuck Palahniuk, "Haunted"