[Histonet] Microwave processing

Kimberly Marshall Kimberly <@t> animalreferencepathology.com
Fri Apr 10 07:02:31 CDT 2015

?Happy Friday Histo peeps.  I have an microwave issue and want to ask about it.  I have recently started a Mid day run here in my lab that consist of the smaller specimen, skin punch,  gingiva, just the smaller lumps and bumps from folks pets.  I have a very inconstant issue with the skins not processing well.  Is there anyone out there using Labpulse microwave processors that would share their protocol?  As well the pathologist say the staining is too pink on these specimens.  Its a automated stainer so there are no changes.  I am thinking processing, so again if you have a separate staining protocol used for microwave specimens please share.

Thanks in advance for the help

Kimberly

Kimberly Marshall H.T.(ASCP)

Histology/Lab Supervisor

Toll Free 1-800-426-2099

Fax 801-584-5104

PO Box 17580

Salt Lake City, Utah 84107

www.animalreferencepathology.com<http://www.animalreferencepathology.com/>

Advancing the art and science of veterinary medicine

[cid:image001.jpg <@t> 01CF8F87.A0BD4830]