[Histonet] RE: Negative Control for Validation

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Tue Sep 30 08:09:08 CDT 2014

Jamal,

We use the same patient cases throughout the validation procedure.  So each block gets stained with the new antibody (optimized protocol already signed off by IHC director or designee), vimentin (+ reagent control) and negative control serum (- reagent control).  As stated earlier, the negative tissue control is any non-staining negative tissue elements, expected to be negative, within the block.

If you're interested I can send you our Validation Protocol Proposal form under separate cover.

Linda

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596
FAX: (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamal [mailto:j.rowaihi <@t> alborglaboratories.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:15 AM
To: Sebree Linda A; 'Arrington, Karla A'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Negative Control for Validation

Hi Linda
can you give us more details about the controls selection and processing procedures.

Best Regards,

Jamal M. Al Rowaihi	Anatomic Pathology Supervisor       | Al Borg
Medical Laboratories |  Mobile +966 503629832| j.rowaihi <@t> alborglaboratories.com
Palestine St, Al Rajhi Building, P.O. Box 52817, Jeddah 21573, KSA    |
Phone: +966 12 670 0099	      | Fax: +966 12 676 4984     |
www.alborglaboratories.com