[Histonet] RE: Negative Control for Validation

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Mon Sep 29 16:42:47 CDT 2014

Hey Karla,

We use Vimentin as a positive reagent control, our negative control serum for the negative reagent control and for the negative tissue control, the pathologist reviews the antibody stained slide and OK's the internal negative tissue elements as appropriately negative.

Hope that helps,

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596
FAX: (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Arrington, Karla A
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 1:25 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Negative Control for Validation

We are beginning the process of validating new antibodies using the BenchMark XT but have some questions for validation.

Question:  For a positive reagent control that stains appropriately positive, is a known control block used? If not, what is used?
Question:  For a negative reagent control that stains appropriately negative, what is ran?
Question:  Is a negative tissue slide ran for all of our 10 cases per antibody, or per case that will be used for validation?

Thanks All!
Karla

Karla Arrington, HT(ASCP), HIT(AHIMA)
Lead Histology Technician