[Histonet] Histotechnology certification for cytotechnologists

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed Sep 17 08:21:31 CDT 2014

Bob

I believe this is correct, but others out there that may know more please correct me if I am incorrect.

If they have a BS they would fall in that category of eligibiity.  I would think most cytotechs do since they needed this to sit for the cytology exam.  They need to have the proper college courses in science, etc.  The ASCP has this listed on their website then after one year of training and experinence in a histology lab they would be eligible to sit for the registry.

The route in BS or BA with one year on the job training.

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308