[Histonet] mounting media for immunofluorescence

Tony Henwood (SCHN) tony.henwood <@t> health.nsw.gov.au
Mon Sep 15 18:22:45 CDT 2014

Hi Christina,

Espada et al (2005) have shown that fluorochromes are very well preserved after dehydration (or simply air drying) followed by permanent mounting in non-aqueous synthetic media, particularly DePeX. They also found that fluorescence had not faded after one year of storage at room temperature.
(Espada, J., Juarranz, Á., Galaz, S., Cañete, M., Villanueva, Á., Pacheco, M., & Stockert, J. C. (2005). Non-aqueous permanent mounting for immunofluorescence microscopy. Histochemistry and cell biology, 123(3), 329-334)

This might be worth a try

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist, the Children’s Hospital at Westmead
Adjunct Fellow, School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
Pathology Department
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Christina Kreutzer
Sent: Tuesday, 16 September 2014 1:12 AM
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] mounting media for immunofluorescence

Hello folks,
I am wondering which mounting medium für IF you are using in your daily routine.
We are using Prolong antifade gold, but it is really really really expensive and I was wondering if there is a good alternative. I just ordered a sample of the Dako Fluorescence Mounting Medium so we can try that , but we are a little bit concerned about how long lasting the fluorescence signal would be.

Well, what are your experiences so far.

All the best
Christina

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Sydney Children's Hospitals Network.

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, The Sydney Childrens Hospital's Network accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.