[Histonet] Re: Neutrophil staining

Bob Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 20:04:06 CDT 2014

Hans B Snyder at Histologistics in Worcester, Massachusetts asks:

>>I am looking to stain neutrophils using special stains and antibodies in
mice tissue. I wanted your opinion about the best methods to do so. I am
thinking of using the May-Grünewald Giemsa and T-blue for specials and
myeloperoxidase and Ly6G for the antibodies.<<

I haven't done it and don't know if it works on mice, but histochemical
staining for chloroacetate esterase is extremely simple to do, and supposed
to be quite specific.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville, Tennessee