[Histonet] Salary exempt/nonexempt status

GMail nguy0515 <@t> gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 15:16:01 CDT 2014

Can someone please help me, I've been losing sleep over this ever since moving to CA and working here.

If you are paid a salary but NOT a supervisor or manager are you considered exempt or nonexempt?

I was told by someone that if you are salary but not in a managerial position you are considered nonexempt and are entitled to earn OT.

I have tried searching the laws in CA and the only thing I could find is: 1. If you earn twice the wage of minimum wage you are exempt. 2.  If you are a type of professional (doctors and lawyers etc) or in a managerial position you are exempt

With that being said, I believe a lot of people in the U.S with other professions make twice the wage of #1, so does that mean they are all exempt?

Please help me answer this question!

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone