[Histonet] Pipette calibration with Artel PCS?

Pries Nina nina.pries <@t> skane.se
Fri Oct 24 01:32:00 CDT 2014

Hi. I'm not sure if Histonet is the best place to ask, but I was wondering if anyone out there is using - or have heard about - the Artel PCS system for pipette calibration as an alternative to the traditional gravimetric method?

My work place is in the process of setting up its own pipette calibration instead of sending them away, and since we are out of good spaces to place a balance (climate controlled+vibration free+ergonomically OK) we are looking into options such as the PCS. The cost of aquiring the system would equal the cost of getting a balance with a table, and the PCS is said to be more accurate at the small volumes we use. Reagents are costly though...

Any experiences?

Nina Pries
Dep of Clinical Pathology, Lund, Sweden