[Histonet] fish eggs: processing and fixation

Thompson, Christy Christy.Thompson <@t> dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Thu Oct 23 13:38:40 CDT 2014

Hi all, I'm currently working on some unfertilized fish eggs. They were
fixed in 10% NBF and processed in a vacuum processor with paraffin. The
eggs are extremely hard to section and most of the yolk goes AWOL on the
way to the water bath.  I did do a search here for some help and a few
things were posted but one post in particular found some answers but
they were not listed in his reply and I think the post was pretty old
(but no date on it).  Anyone out there have any success with sectioning
fish eggs?
Thanks in advance!

Christy Thompson
A/Histology Lab Leader - Aquatic Animal Health
Pacific Biological Station
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Nanaimo, BC
250-756-7060