[Histonet] RE: Gram staining

Gomez, Milton Milton.Gomez <@t> nyumc.org
Tue Oct 14 09:55:10 CDT 2014

we use 5ml Picric Acid to 50 ml acetone and it works very well.

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Cooper, Brian [bcooper <@t> chla.usc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 3:48 PM
To: Bitting, Angela K.; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Gram staining

We use the McDonald's Gram Stain kit from American Master Tech, which employs the use of a Modified Tartrazine counterstain.  Both our docs and techs love our Gram stains . . .

Here's the link to the product info.

http://www.americanmastertech.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetailStyles&item=KTMGS

Thanks,

Brian D. Cooper, HT (ASCP)CM | Histology Supervisor
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd MS#43- Los Angeles, CA 90027
Ph: 323.361.3357     Pager: 213-209-0184
bcooper <@t> chla.usc.edu